Monday, April 12, 2010

My New Job: Mother

Day 1
No...not really, but kind of! My coworker and his wife went on vacation this week and asked me to stay with their 10 and 14 year old daughters for the week. I of course accepted and so far its going great! I got up this morning at 5:30 a.m. in order to drop them off at the airport and then come back and make sure the girls were ready for school. My week consists of viola lessons, two basketball games, one track meet, swim practice, cheer practice, homework, dinners, school registration, dentist appointment, and other fun stuff. I had Sunday dinner yesterday with the family in order to meet the girls and for them to meet me. So far, I feel welcomed by them. They are cute girls and I am excited for the adventure it will be. Tonight for dinner we are going mexican style and having fajitas and spanish rice.

My 8-5 p.m. job still exists. Actually this week I am training for a new position because my dear friend is moving back east with her husband, and I was asked to take her job. This is what I have to say about all of it:



I thought you all would enjoy that! I am super excited and will update you with the exciting events of my new adventure.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha love it!! good luck!! just keep the chocolate coming :)

Romney Family said...

HOw fun!!! for both jobs!!! Sweets really are my saving grace at the end of the day!!!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Those girls are so lucky! They couldn't have asked for a better surrogate mother for the week. Who's job are you taking? I'm really excited for you! I hope the Coke and chocolate calm your nerves. :) You can do anything, Steph!

Elicia said...

I'm sure you'll be a fun sudo-mom to those girls, they sure are lucky!!! And keep that cherry coke coming girl, that's my favorite! I know you'll be awesome, hang in there and if you need a vacation you're welcome at our place any old time you please!