Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Work Challenges

So it's been awhile...Christmas and New Years were great. I think our family had one of the best Christmas' we have ever had together. They all have been great, but this year, it was extra special. Worst part is leaving all of them to go back to our 'regular' lives.

Throughout the year, my workplace creates a HEALTH CHALLENGE six times a year (so every two months we have a new challenge). For January and February our challenge is to work out for 30 minutes/ 5 days a week and to replace our desserts with fruit/veggies/healthy stuff and our soda with water. If you have ever met a someone from my family, you probably are laughing at the thought of one of us going without soda for two months. I am laughing as well! The best part of this health challenge is that you have to meet 80% of the challenge to acheive it. At the end of the year, you can get up to $200 for completing all the requirements. What a deal right?
PS...November and Decembers challenge was just to NOT gain any weight during the holidays. So they are all different.

It's week two already. Will I make it?

7 comments:

heidi_eatschuno said...

how do I find the challenges? I just signed up for DMBA and I want to participate

Anonymous said...

You'll make it!! For me my challenge would be ice cream. There is no way I'd make it that long without ice cream. Good luck!

Barb said...

I like the little pepsi logo you put at the bottom. HA HA HA

Melissa said...

Hey Steph~I'd like to find out about those challenges too. At my work right now they are doing a walking challenge until the first week in March. Hope things are going good for you.

Jenny said...

We do this exact same thing with BYU! I love it because you get a little extra cash and it's a great incentive to keep you working towards the goals! Good luck! Missed seeing you at Christmas time but hopefully we can catch up soon! :) Love ya

Kyle and Tiffany said...

You can do it, Steph! Hang in there.

Steve said...

Sounds like I should have Devin extend the challenges to me ...even though I don't work there!