Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Second Challenge

Two months have gone by since I posted about my first work-sponsored health challenge. That of replacing desserts with fruits and veggies and exercising 5x a week for 30 minutes. Well, I made it! We had to do this at least 80% of the time. I for sure could have been better about spreading out my 'free' days, but overall was a great experience. It's day two of being able to eat whatever I want, and I haven't had a soda :).

So challenge #2 is to create a 'healthy makeover' as they call it. One meal a day needs to be recorded as being healthy, plus your 5x/week for 30 minutes of excersize. I have already been doing this so hopefully it won't be a problem. It will be fun to plan out and make sure I do it though!

To help out, I recently tried bountifulbaskets.org and this is what I got on Saturday for $19.50:

6 Oranges
2 Lemons
7 Bananas
1 Bundle of Swiss Chard
5 lbs. of Potatoes
1 Head of Broccli
1 HUGE Head of Lettuce (sorry don't know the name of the lettuce--long leaf)
2 Bags of Small Carrots
7 Apples
1 Plastic Carton of Strawberries (this is usually $4.99 alone!)
2 Large Bundles of Asparagus
11 Small Yummy Cucumbers

Your first time you order its $19.50 and then it's $16.50 any other time you order. They deliver to two places and it takes about 2 minutes to pick up. I know they deliver all over Arizona, Utah, and Idaho. Check it out...

5 comments:

Elicia said...

Way to go Steph! I bet you are feeling awesome these days! You are an inspiration!!!!!

Jenny said...

Way to finish the first health challenge! We just started our second one as well. And how funny you mention bountiful baskets because I just started getting them too! What a neat thing, especially during the winter months!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

GO STEPH! You're awesome! I can't believe you got all of that great produce for such a good deal. I may just have to check that website out. Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.

Romney Family said...

Way to go Steph!! If I could only cut out my sugar I would be set but I just need a pick me up by the end of the day!! I am so jealous about the basket thing. My friend who lives in Cedar City told me about them and I was so sad I can't get it here but I am excited because in the Spring and summer here they have a flea/farmers market every Sat. just about 1/2 mile from our house. Miss ya!!!

Elly May said...

I have heard about the bountiful Baskets just the other day...may need to invest!