Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thanks Cuz

I read this poem on my cousin's blog today and thought I should post it on mine as a reminder. I have been thinking lately about what things I need to do to be better and prepare myself for whatever will come my way.

All the water in the world
No matter how it tried
Could never sink the smallest ship
Unless it got inside.
All the evil of the world
And every kind of sin
Could never damn a human soul
Unless we let it in.
(Elder M. Russell Ballard used this in his talk "The Effects of Television" in 1989.)

Last weekend Max and Becca came to visit. We had a great time and sure enjoyed spending time with their family and Kellen and Amanda. Next weekend mom and dad will be up and spend conference weekend and celebrate Brian and Brett's bdays. Fun times...I am grateful for family. They are truly one of our greatest gifts.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks steph.. that is a really nice and beautiful poem!

Elise said...

ah you made me feel so special! You can borrow poems anytime :) Have a great day!

Romney Family said...

I loved that poem also and I am so jealous that you all will be together and this is the first time we won't be there!! But in JUne baby!!!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Thanks for posting that, Steph. It is a great reminder. Sometimes the evil of the world seems so overwhelming, but I guess that's how Satan wants us to feel. When we remember who we are, children of God, then we are able to do anything! You're such a good example to me. I sure love you!

Steve said...

I love that poem. Elder Packer used it in his talk, The Spirit of Revelation, Oct. Conf. 1999. Another great poem from the same talk:

Louisa May Alcott was only 14 when she wrote:

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell,
And very hard I find the task
Of governing it well; …

I do not ask for any crown
But that which all may win,
Nor seek to conquer any world
Except the one within.