Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 4 and 5

Dia cuatro girl 10 requested waffles and whipped cream and strawberries for breakfast. It was delicious. Most of my prep work came from the night before so I didn't have to wake up so early. She went on her early morning swim practice with a friend, so I really enjoyed sleeping in. That evening we ate their mom's frozen homemade spaghetti sauce (delicious) and salad and french bread. It was great and we all loved it. I love that this has turned into a dialog of what we ate, but I guess that's what we do three times a day! This evening the girls did chores and homework and I went for a walk. It was a beautiful evening.

Day five consisted of cleaning the house up and making sure everything was in great order for the parents to come home as well as making sure the girls had laundry and other things ready to stay with their friends for the weekend. I guess on Saturday, when girl 14 went home to feed their inside dog, she noticed a bit of water in the laundry room where the dog is kept when nobody is home and put a towel down to soak it up. Little did girl 14 know that sweet Annie, the dog, bit a hole in their water softener tube and by the time mom and dad got home Monday afternoon, their basement was flooded. Sad day...

Anyway, all in all, it was a great time. Girl 10 texted me Friday evening and said she was ready for me to come back. lol...so sweet. I felt pretty darn special!

2 comments:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Oh, that's too bad about the flooded basement! Especially after you guys had made a special effort to make sure everything was in order for the parents to get back. I guess that's just how life goes. It was really fun for me to read about the things you ate...made me want to spice up our menu a bit! :)

Talia said...

Wow you had a busy week! But what a fun experience, for both you and the girls. Sounds like you're doing great! It was fun to read through your posts. I loved the albino fish you caught. haha. Makes me miss Idaho. Hey, can you have Jess add me to her Romney family blog? I haven't been on here for a while I didn't get added when she went private. My email is tialatifa@yahoo.com. Thanks!